It’s time for part 3 of my “get to know me in 50 questions” series. I can see you guys have been viewing the other posts (part 1 and part 2) a lot so I thought I’d give you some more insights into me and my life. Enjoy!
1. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
No littering and no plastic.
2. What are you addicted to?
Scrolling through Instagram (and damaging my self-confidence).
3. What stereotype do you completely live up to?
Ummm, this is easy. Crazy Cat Lady.
4. What is something you can never seem to finish?
Sorting my wardrobe out/style. I always say to myself each week, right I’ll start dressing nice/cool from now on and I always end up wearing the same boring shit that makes me feel wank about myself. I really need to just sort my wardrobe out/get a personal stylist just to learn a little more on fashion.
5. As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?
Heights/pain/not being financially stable.
6. What is one of your favourite smells?
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb – I bought it for Tyler for his birthday last year and it came in a set with moisturiser. When he puts that on his face along with the perfume/spray, omg it’s amazing.
7. What would be the scariest monster you could imagine?
A monster that you wouldn’t think was a monster. For example, a psychopath that’s obviously in a normal human body and you just don’t know they’re really a killer/crazy monster.
8. What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
Shawn Mendez, though I’m not ashamed to admit liking him. I also love Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift (the old albums) and other female artists like Avril Lavigne, Jordin Sparks, Lana Del Rey and similar.
9. What would you do if you knew you were going to die in one hour?
Assuming I’m fully fit, probably just dance like crazy, eat crepes with strawberries and probably get drunk because I used to love drinking. I stopped because I got panic attacks in the middle of the night but I’d be dead by then so fuck it.
10. What book impacted you the most?
Pretty Girl 13. I’ve already mentioned this and if anyone wants to borrow it, let me know.
10 down, 40 to go…
11. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
Noah, Frankie or Hadley. I found the name Noah when I read Miley Cyrus’ book and I’ve been in love since. The others I’ve picked when thinking of baby names – every girl does this right?
12. If life is a game like some people say, what are some of the rules?
Don’t want to be boring but I have no idea? I mean, people stop at red traffic lights so I guess that’s a rule.
13. Who is/was your most interesting friend?
Holly Keates. She’s hilarious, super creative and artistic and I’ve always admired her/thought highly of her ever since we met in year 6 and I wanted to copy her hairstyle. (Lol, love you Hol.)
14. Have you ever given to any charities?
Yes, I donate to animal charities all of the time. I recently donated to Cats Protection and then adopted a gorilla for Tyler which was a WWF donation.
15. What is something that your friends would consider “so you”?
Probably not. Maybe wearing espadrilles because I’m obsessed.
16. What risks are worth taking?
Literally anything, if it’s something you want to do, just do it. Like me starting my blog. Also, anything family related if it means saving their life. I’d do anything for my dad, sister and mum.
17. What can you not get right, no matter how many times you try?
18. If you could convince everyone in the world to do one thing at one point in time, what would that thing be?
Eat a chocolate and strawberry crepe.
19. What do you take for granted?
20. What would be some of the most annoying things about having yourself as a roommate?
I like to be super, super tidy and I know not everyone does.
20 down, 30 to go…
21. What’s something you are self-conscious about?
My big fat fucking nose. And the size of my thighs – too big.
22. What personality trait do you value most and which do you dislike the most?
In other people, obviously I value trust and I dislike people who are unkind, especially for no reason.
23. What small gesture from a stranger made a big impact on you?
I think I’m too young for anything to have a big impact on me but I love it when people have time leftover on their carpark tickets so they give it to you just as you’re about to go and pay for one. It’s the little things that count.
24. What gets you fired up?
To be honest, I get triggered by anything and everything. It’s ridiculous. That’s something I’m working on to try and improve.
25. What challenging thing are you working through these days?
Trying to love myself and stay away from Instagram/feeling like I need to make my feed look nice and updated. (That makes me feel so sad/stupid for thinking like that but I know a lot of people can relate so it’s cool.)
26. What irrational fear do you have?
Heights/flying and I can’t cope with being alone and outside when it’s dark.
27. What’s the best and worst piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Best: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Worst: (This is something I told myself when I was a lot younger and going through “heartache”…) ‘If someone cheats on you and breaks your heart, stay with them because it’s better to have your heart broken by one person than moving on and have it broken by a lot of people.’ Wow, that’s such terrible advice/thoughts by 13 year old me.
28. If you had a clock that would countdown to any one event of your choosing, what event would you want it to countdown to?
Perhaps the day I get married or the day I have kids though I’m not entirely sure if I want any of those things hahaha.
29. What makes a good life?
Good food, good friends and family, a happy career and being healthy. (Plus lots of money!)
30. What do you strongly suspect but have no proof of?
I suspect a lot of people have talked bad/down about me for doing my blog and probably read it and think “wtf” but there’s no telling. Thankfully I do get some lovely comments off people saying they love reading it so that’s amazing.
30 down, 20 to go…
31. What’s the last adventure you went on?
Ibiza with my sissy and cousin Rach.
32. When do you feel truly “alive”?
To be honest, I used to love drinking and dancing at my best friend’s house with a group of us, running about, doing funny stuff and not having a single care in the world.
33. What was the most memorable gift you’ve received?
I loved my very first present off Tyler, a cute necklace with the Pisces moonstone in. It was stunning but the chain kept breaking and I don’t even know where it is and that’ll upset me forever. (Let’s not be over dramatic Kate.)
34. What chapters would you separate your autobiography into?
I’d pretty much do it in chronological order of when my life started to now:
- 0-3 Years
- 4-12 Years
- High school
- Present Day
35. What do you like most about your family?
My dad is so caring and would literally do anything for me and my sister. My sister has a lovely heart and is stunning whether she thinks it or not. She always makes me want to be a nicer person. My mum is always there to do girly things, let me be 100% me around her and let me vent.
Then my not-so-immediate family are each amazing people. They’re funny, kind and I have some of the best memories with them.
36. What do you hope your last words will be?
“I love you all.” With the people I care about dearly around my death bed or whatever.
37. What stat for your life would you most like to see?
The number of nice things people have said about me V the number of bad things. But then I’d also love to see my total calorie intake V calorie burn because being a food/fitness fanatic that’d be interesting.
38. What are three of the most significant numbers in your life?
11, 13 and I don’t really have another so let’s say 6 for both my dad’s and Tyler’s birthday.
39. What could you do with two million dollars to impact the most amount of people?
This question is so deep. I have no idea, hmmm a lot of people want different things and are in different situations so that’s hard. I think mental health is a big thing so perhaps something around that like a campaign/support group or similar.
40. If you were put into solitary confinement for six months, what would you do to stay sane?
Draw, draw and draw.
40 down, 10 to go…
41. What’s something horrible that everyone should try at least once?
I swear I’ve already answered something similar in my previous questions but face your fears.
42. What fact are your resigned to?
43. Have you ever saved someone’s life?
I don’t think so. My uncle once pulled someone from off a bridge and saved him from jumping which I think is amazing though so go you.
44. What were some of the turning points in your life?
When my anxiety and panic attacks started. When I became health-conscious and changed to a more vegan based diet. Finally, when I got a full-time job and it meant I can afford a nice car, go on lots of holidays and more.
45. What would a mirror opposite of yourself be like?
I don’t know what this means? I’ve googled it but like I don’t understand what this question is asking me. Sorry!
46. What are you really good at, but kind of embarrassed that you’re good at it?
Not to toot my own horn but I’m OK at singing. Other than that, I’m not embarrassed by it but I think I’m great at gardening.
47. What are three interesting facts about you?
I’m a Pisces, my favourite takeaway is Chinese food and I hate having anything on my nails like gel or acrylics.
48. Which of your scars has the best story behind it?
I wouldn’t say it’s a thrilling story but I have a scar on the top of my head almost directly in my hairline (though it’s not noticeable) where my sister once pulled the garage door down on my head. Thanks, Em.
49. What’s the title of the current chapter of your life?
“Building My Future” because I’m in work and saving a lot for a house and moving out but also because I’m working to improve myself mentally as well as physically by eating healthy and working out – though I need to improve my fitness regime a lot!
50. What’s the hardest lesson you’ve learned?
To bite my tongue. Sometimes I can get so annoyed by things and I find it hard to just shut up, not flip and argue with people. This is normally with my sister because she can grind my gears – but I love you though.
Also, I find it extremely hard to tell my close friends/family my true feelings about a problem we’re going through. Sadly, I end up losing people because I just let them go rather than speaking about my thoughts/a problem and getting over it together. I really need to work on this, it’s my 2019 goal to try and build bridges and put any wrongs, right.
Thanks for reading, I hope you now feel like you know me a little more.