Being a huge fan of Chinese food, I was desperate to find some tasty vegan Chinese recipes to recreate. It wasn’t long ago I spent my Friday night shopping in Waitrose – wow, who am I?! – looking for great vegan foods. I saw that Lucy Watson had recently started stocking her own meals “Feed Me Vegan” in Waitrose, so wondered what other vegan foods they might do.
I was beyond shocked – they do lots. So many different varieties and each so tasty. (I bought and tried a lot.) During the hours I spent deeply observing the shelves and freezers, I came across Linda McCartney Vegan Shredded Duck.
Though I couldn’t find any vegan pancakes which I’d normally eat duck with, I thought I’d try them with my favourite linseed and quinoa wraps. Check out the full recipe for my Vegan Hoisin Duck Wraps, below.
- 1 – 2 portions of Linda McCartney Vegan Shredded Duck (see packaging for portion sizing)
- 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce
- 2 linseed and quinoa wraps
- 3 medium spring onions
- 5 cm of cucumber
Prep: 5 mins > Cook: 10 mins > Serve!
1. Start by washing your spring onions and cucumber. Chop either end of the spring onion and slice in half, lengthways and then slice the halves in half again lengthways. Do the same with the cucumber so that they should look like this:
2. Set both the cut cucumber and spring onions to the side.
3. In a hot pan, add a few sprays of fry light, coconut oil or similar and gently heat the pan until the oil is fully melted.
4. Add the vegan duck and begin frying. Cook for 6 minutes as directed on the packaging.
5. Whilst this is slowly frying, place your wraps onto a microwaveable plate and heat for 1 – 2 minutes as directed on the packaging.
Tip: If you prefer your sauce cold, skip this step and continue cooking the vegan duck until you’re happy it’s fully cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, because I like my hoisin sauce warmed, pour this into the pan alongside the vegan duck. Stir together so that the sauce is spread evenly throughout the duck and heat for 2 – 3 minutes so that it’s warm and the vegan duck is cooked. Reduce to a low heat whilst you plate up the wraps and salad items.
7. Once the wraps are done, take them from the microwave, add your desired amount of cucumber and spring onion and spoon on a portion of the vegan duck. Roll into a typical “wrap” shape and repeat for the second wrap.
Tip: Add another spoon of hoisin sauce onto your plate to dip the wraps into if you’re a fan of lots of sauce.