Looking for a healthy, protein-filled breakfast or snack recipe? You are in the right place. With having a mum who is a healthy eater and fond user of Joe Wicks Lean In 15 cookbooks, I come across super tasty, healthy recipes. One of these being the protein pancakes recipe. This blog post will take you through the recipe with my added twists to personalise the pancakes.
- 1 banana, roughly chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 25g rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Greek yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries, to serve
- 1 tsp of lemon juice (my additional ingredients)
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder (my additional ingredients)
- Blitz up the banana, protein powder, egg, oats and cocoa powder in a blender to make the batter.
- Heat up half of the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Pour little puddles of batter into the pan with about half the batter in the pan at once. (This depends on the size of your pan and how many you can fit in at one time.)
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove and repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh berries and drizzle the lemon juice over for an extra bit of tanginess.